My poor tomato plants... :(

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by citygirl View Post
    it's on the crossflatts roundabout, right in front of Yorkshire BS building. turn off keighley bypass at start of bingley new bypass and u-turn at the crossflatts one. or come along bradford road and turn right...complicated, but it's not easy to explain

cheers for that, might take a trip out there sometime, i love going new places
    I know where you mean, I think. Near where Magnet was/is? Near the Wacky Warehouse?

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
      I know where you mean, I think. Near where Magnet was/is? Near the Wacky Warehouse?
      yes. magnet. but there's no(and never has been, i don't think) a wacky warehouse there though. it's a travelodge/travel inn though, yep. so you're on the right road, so to speak

Comment

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
        hi citygirl,1 large grow bag,roll as suggested to fluff up,get 3,free flower buckets from the big supermarkets and cut of the bottoms so you end up with a tube,place this on top of the grow bag,you now need to cut the grow bag so the tube is in contact with the compost,this will do the same as putting 2 grow bags together,only a lot cheaper,and easier,then fill the tube with compost,this will give you a deeper space for the root system,put in the tomato plant burying as much of the stem as possible,get 1 cane per plant and push into compost a few iches from the the stem so as not to stab it's roots,as the plant grows all you do is tie it to the cane,you maybe find it better to site the bag near a fence if outside,just so you can tie a bit of string from cane to fence for extra support,i hope you find this of some use to you,it is so hard until some one tells you HOW,best of luckif you find this info to much to remember,make a sketch and it will all come clear.
        right. i went to morrisons and got some buckets (11 for 99p) so i shall see if i can stretch to a grow bag this week, and *try* working it out

thanks!

Comment

No, you're right it wasn't WackyW, it was Brewster Bear or something like that. Definately a ball pool type thing though - my daughter had a birthday party there a few years ago
          I'll have to have a drive out to the Homebase for a nosey though, especially if they have a garden bit

Comment

you'll get there,city girl,we get the flower buckets free from our local asda,we are lucky.
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
              No, you're right it wasn't WackyW, it was Brewster Bear or something like that. Definately a ball pool type thing though - my daughter had a birthday party there a few years ago
              I'll have to have a drive out to the Homebase for a nosey though, especially if they have a garden bit
              they do. and it's MASSIVE!

loads of plug plants they had. when i went for a quick shufty a couple of weeks ago. but i had no money then. i hate that

yeah, they do have the kids bit.

you ARE, lottiedolly. i love asda, we're getting one within a couple of years. 2 mins from my front door. can't wait!

i'll then have 3 supermarkets within 5 mins walking distance!

(not including iceland, aldi's and nettos!)
              Last edited by citygirl; 24-05-2008, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X