Variety of Tomatoes...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Variety of Tomatoes...

I tried a variety of Tomato that I've never grown before "Bambino"F1 this year, and I'd just like to say that I'm so pleased with it! There are loads of trusses forming, and some that are what I'd call "triple trusses", it's three trusses from one place on the main stem.

I don't know if this is awesome or average - but I'm happy, I think we'll have much higher yields than last year!

I'm also growing some plum tomatoes for the first time too, and they are looking good too.

Just thought I'd share my happiness with you!

everything this year seems to be sooooo much better than last year, all the plants look stronger/healthier and generally better!!

Looking forward to planting out and harvesting!!!

Jennifer
    Whilst typing the above reply, I was probably supposed to be doing homework. My excuse: I'm hooked!

Well done Garden Girlie. I'd keep notes on how it all does so that you can decide what to grow and how to do it nexr year.
    I'm not surprised things are doing better than last year - remember the weather ! Dire !
    Enjoy your success this year. Every Happiness.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Hi Jennifer ,hope your well, glad your toms are doing well, I have gone for a few different types this year also. I am trying hundreds and thousands from suttons as well as LLdi, fingers crossed ! Have a good one

Comment

I can't compare to last year as this is my first, but I was very pleased to spot 2 tomatoes (urbikany) on my plants today... it's so exciting.
        pjh75

We sow the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed. (Neil, The Young Ones)

http://producebypaula.blogspot.com/

Comment

My tomatoe plants look healthy and very green this year......though they did last year until I put them outside!! Anyway, I thought that this year I would try and grow them in large pots with bamboo supports, instead of growbags. They are moneymakers...a free packet from somewhere, so as long as I keep watering them and feeding them I hope they will do fine. What a good idea to sow a number of varieties....wished I had of thought of that now, but after last year...not only the rain but a pesky mouse in the conservatory partying in my seed tray after eating the sweetcorn. I could'nt face it this year having to constantly renew the seeds. Goodluck everyone

Comment

Thanks for all the good wishes!! last year the weather wasn't so bad here, I don't remember devastating weather where I live...

Anyway, I definitely think this year will bebetter - I have a larger space in which to grow my crops and so I've got more vegetables this year, including winter veg!!!

Very excited!!

Good luck everyone!!

Jennifer
            Whilst typing the above reply, I was probably supposed to be doing homework. My excuse: I'm hooked!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X