club root on broad beans>?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• club root on broad beans>?

i have been told by an old timer that i have got club root on me broad beans so i am go ing to burn them ....the question is can i plant any thing else in the same place or do i have to leave it empty ,......thanks in advance
    WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND
    (U REEP WHAT U SOW)

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say 'nonsense ... club root affects brassicas not beans'.

what are your symptoms? how do your beans look?
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Agree 100% with Twosheds. Club root affects brassicas (cabbage family). What's up with your beans? Please tell symptoms.

Comment

Broad beans have little nitrogen nodules on their roots which I suppose could be a bit scary to a newcomer. These are 'good guys' in that the nitrogen that has been fixated by the beans can be beneficial to a follow on crop such as brassicas.
        Leave the roots in the soil to benefit from this, don't burn them!

As has been mentioned, clubroot is a brassica disease/fungal complaint and beans are neither a host nor can be affected in any way.

I have clubroot in my soil but I always grow excellent beans!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Leave them alone and enjoy them. Some old timers know it all. Some just think they do!
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X