Peas

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peas

Not having much luck with my peas! planted twice not getting much results. Any suggestions.

Hi Tony and welcome to the Vine.

Go have a look at this part of the Vine, it may bring up some answers for you. But in the meantime, give us a few facts - how did you sow, straight into ground/in pots?
    aka
    Suzie

Comment

Mice.
      Betcha.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

mice got mine - I know cos they left a thank you note
        aka
        Suzie

Comment

peas

sorry about the delay in replying i am still learnig it took me a will to find the replys, i planted straiht into the ground

Comment

peas

sorry about the delay in replying i am still learning it took me a will to find the replies, i planted straight into the ground

Comment

You're repeating yourself!
              If you sowed straight into the ground, the mice will have got them. If any germinated, the slugs will have got the rest.

Try sowing indoors/greenhouse. Into loo rolls or into guttering. There are loads of old posts on here, have a go with your Search button near the top right hand side of this page.
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I know that they don't reckon that peas transplant well, hence the usual advice to sow in guttering or loo roll middles. However, I always sow in modules or yoghurt pots and they transplant fine. Once they have started to grow the mice don't bother with them. (However, the birds might! At this point I net them.) Worth it though - fresh peas are like nothing you can buy.
                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

thanks all for your advice, but am i to late this year tony warner

Comment

Originally posted by tony warner View Post
                    thanks all for your advice, but am i to late this year tony warner
                    Mine germinated pretty quick, stick some in loo rolls and give it a go. You might be alright yet.

Edit: I'll try and take a piccie or two of mine tonight, give you some encouragement.
                    Last edited by HeyWayne; 03-06-2008, 01:30 PM.
                    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

No you can still sow now.
                      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

mice - birds - slugs ... maes ya wonder why we carry on innit

PS, due to mice-munching, I have resown some for lottie only two days ago
                        Last edited by piskieinboots; 03-06-2008, 01:32 PM.
                        aka
                        Suzie

Comment

You could try dipping the peas in parafin before sowing ( won't affect the taste of the crop) to put the mice off pinching them.

Comment

peas

thelast time i planted i soaked them in paraffin

Comment

Ya seeds are definately being eaten. Sow some now in modules, loo roll centres or pots, and once they reach a couple of inches, stick em in the ground, throw a bit of net over them and water well. Stand back and wait for the wonderful little things to develop. YUM
                              "He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X