Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Califlower Varieties - Advice/Experience please!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Califlower Varieties - Advice/Experience please!

I'm thinking of growing some cauli on our plot and have been struck by the gorgeous colour of the following varieties;

Magnifico - bright green
    Mango - orange
    Graffiti - deep purple

Has anyone grown any of these? If so, what is the flavour like?

I think it would be worth growing some/all just to spook some of the more traditional types on our site - but that'd be a waste if they have no taste

Never been able to grow brassicas because of clubroot in the soil. Last year I managed to grow a clubroot resistant cabbage called Kilaxy. This year I'm trying Clapton a clubroot resistant cauli! Hopefully next year they'll bring out a clubroot resistant brussel sprouts!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I have grown Graffiti before, and am growing a couple again this year. It's literally just a purple cauliflower - it grows the same way, it tastes the same...

I would say that it is not as quick-growing as some - I will be harvesting my first Mayflower tomorrow, but the Graffiti sown at the same time is a few weeks away from that. I suspect it should be sown just that little bit later.

I have some Emeraude green cauli and Sunset orange, but it is my first time with these.

Comment

I'm growing "grafitti" and "sunset" this year (as well as "snowball").
        Can't comment on flavour yet!
        You are a child of the universe,
        no less than the trees and the stars;
        you have a right to be here.

Max Ehrmann, Desiderata

blog: http://allyheebiejeebie.blogspot.com/ and my (basic!) page: http://www.allythegardener.co.uk/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X