Think my garlic has died....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think my garlic has died....

Ive just been outside and it looks like all of my garlic has died, I have it in pots and it seemed to be fine but lately its doesnt seem to be growing and the shoots seem to have gone yellow and died, ive pulled a couple up and the smell of garlic is strong but there is defo something amiss, what have i done wrong
    Life isnt about surviving the storm.....But learning to dance in the rain.

It would seem they have come to the end of the road did you forget to water or not enough water but never mind is there a bulb at the bottom of the stem if so dry them out hang them some where nice and dry but airy with the bulbs at the bottom and see how you go on jacob
    What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
    Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

pull them up when they go yellow, they are ready! having said that when did they go in?
      Yo an' Bob
      Walk lightly on the earth
      take only what you need
      give all you can
      and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Just a thought, if it's in pots could it be eaten by vine weevil? Don't know if they'd go for something as strong as garlic? White grubs in the soil?

Comment

They went in in feb, bought from a garden centre for early planting, im wondering if they have had too much water......pants
          Life isnt about surviving the storm.....But learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

The pots was probably the best idea as they like well drained soil. If they've gone from clove to bulb, they're ready. If they look good, tie 'em and hang 'em. Job done!
            http://norm-foodforthought.blogspot.com/

If it ain't broke, don't fix it and if you ain't going to eat it, don't kill it

Comment

did the leaves go dry and yellow/golden colour?
              could be rust! we had it last year, got some tiny cloves even though.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X