No announcement yet.

Two into One

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

think the term young hippy is more apt!!a friend thats a reikki master "gave" us our reikki"inititiation"(not very good with terminology!)as a wedding present,I think like you,I now tend to go with what feels right with me & being in tune with energies around,having been brought up in a fairly strict christian family I think i've been put off following any set religion/faith but paganism has always fascinated me;just wish i could get those "healing hands" to do a bit of healing around the house!!LOLalways turns into such a tip this time of year!!
    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Lol! If its a choice between having an immaculate plot (or even a weed free plot) and a tidy house, then I know whats going to win every time! The plot and the crops in it are more important than having a dusted home, they save us money and keep us fed with organic produce for most of the year, the house can be cleaned when weather (and other commitments) permit!
      Blessings
      Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
      Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
      Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
      On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

if only it were just the dust!!!gonna be strong~log off,1/2 hr of hiding mess in cupboards,might even get the mop out;then think i hear the lottie calling!!
        the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Nah, sun's just started shining here, so its off to the plot we go! Housework, hmm, perhaps another day, perhaps, maybe, oh, never mind! lol!
          Blessings
          Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Dobby
            Couple more pics for you SBP, just to show the spacing of the 2 sisters bed, hope they help!!

Looks good Mrs D. On another tack, is the blue pipe from the builders merchant, whats it called/how much is it? Also is it kept upright on sticks?

Here's our 2sisters!

By smallblueplanet
            To see a world in a grain of sand
            And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

I'm trying a 3 sisters bed this year. So far only the 5 courgette plants are in, but the sweetcorn and beans are waiting in the wings to hopefully go in this weekend. LOTS to do this weekend!

Comment

Oooh, looking good SBP, you're sweetcorn looks a bit further on than ours, I'm very impressed and envious, well done!

The blue pipe is from the builders merchants, its actually waste pipe for plumbing, no idea how much it is, cos we were fortunate to inherit a load of it with the new plot! We do indeed use canes to keep it uprite, and I even used some canes with it to form a much bigger enclosure the other day for the sprouts n broccolli, so that one is about 4' tall, 8' wide and 10' deep, you can just about see it in this piccy, right at the back beyond the pea / bean supports, but I'll try and get a beter piccy at the plot today!
                Attached Files
                Blessings
                Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Comment

Oooh, looking good SBP, you're sweetcorn looks a bit further on than ours, I'm very impressed and envious, well done!
                  Its a bit brown though, maybe in my attempt to not overwater it I underwatered it!? The corn was started at the end of April in rootrainers.

The blue pipe is from the builders merchants, its actually waste pipe for plumbing....for the sprouts n broccolli, so that one is about 4' tall, 8' wide and 10' deep....but I'll try and get a beter piccy at the plot today!
                  What diameter is the pipe please? Got to get some roofing battens from the builders merchant for trellising, so will ask about it ta. We also want to cage our brassicas - never managed to keep the creep-crawlies/butterflies off but once, and then it was grown under environmesh - so need an easy way of supporting it. The blue pipe looks the bizz. Look forward to some more photos, have a great day at the plot.
                  Last edited by smallblueplanet; 14-06-2008, 10:00 AM.
                  To see a world in a grain of sand
                  And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Hi I planted my sweetcorn in toilet roll canters when 6"tall planted them 2'6"apart then planted pumpkin,butternut squash courgettes and marrow in between.all growing well,i picken some courgettes today as i planted them on the outside itwas easy to get to them.last year was good this year looks even better.i all was try to use all the plot .good luck.tony

Comment

Hi SBP! I'd say the diameter of the pip is internal about 1/2" and external about 1"! Good luck with finding some, hope its not too expensive! Didnt manage to get any piccies yesterday, was too busy moving comfrey and sowing / weeding / watering, but will try and get some later on for you!

Good luck with the 3 sisters bed waffler, and good luck with getting everything planted this weekend! Does seem at times that its a mad rush to get everything in doesnt it! We've decidded that next year we are going to be sooo much better organised and not fall behind like we did this year (but as we've had another full plot to clear, we do have something of an excuse! lol!)

Cool, sounds good Tony, we planted our sweetcorn our at about 3", and it seemed to suffer a bit of a check (think it was the cold wet snap), but it does seem to be coming on a bit now! Keep looking at the corn on another plot on our site with envious eyes, theirs is at 2' plus already! Mind you, I think we're further on than anyone else on our plot with toms and cukes, so its all swings and roundabouts isnt it!
                      Blessings
                      Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X