Uses of Borage ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uses of Borage ?

Hi, I am a Newbie here - I've recently tidied up my tired old garden & turned half the lawn over to veg. I've renewed the herb patch and planted amongst other things, some borage which is doing very well - but I'm not quite sure where & when to use it - any ideas?

Put some leaves and flowers in your Pimms & lemo!
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Petals on a salad look very nouvelle! Flower heads frozen in your ice cubes make a G&T dead classy. The leaves are cucumber flavoured but a but tough for me. I only use the flowers.
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

oh deffo Pimms
        aka
        Suzie

Comment

Borage Recipes

This has quite a number of borage recipes.

Comment

Wow, the Pimms ideas sound good, as soon as it flowers the Pimms will be out of the cupboard and into the garden with the sunshine - hopefully !

Comment

Thanks for the Borage Recipes too, I'll be able to manage one of the salads with herbs from the garden except for fresh chervil...

Comment

Hey Palmers-Patch - welcome to the vine!
                I've planted borage too and have 14 little seedlings but no idea what to do with them - seemed like a good idea at the time - so anyway I'm glad you asked the question... Now I'm off to look at those recipes
                Warning: I have a dangerous tendency to act like I know what I'm talking about.

Comment

'Borage brings courage' is an old saying from herbalists of yore. I use it regularly - for courage and Pimms!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X