No announcement yet.

Sometimes I feel so stupid

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course you realise that everything they just said might be wrong...?
    (Or then again, I may be... )
    There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Don't feel stupid!

When I joined the Grapevine, maybe a little more than a week ago, I didn't know what a runner bean or a broad bean was, let alone the difference! . I am so glad I managed to somehow find the grapevine during my OCS (Obsessive Compulsive Surfing.) I love the grapevine, it is so much better than any other gardening forum I have been to. Everyone's responses are unpretentious and not condescending, like on some organic forums where people get on their high horses about every little thing and the original question doesn't even get answered.
      The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it. -John Ruskin

http://wormsflowers.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi Claire don't be disheartened I'm new to all this too, my theory is plant it and see what happens, most of the time good things happen but if they don't I don't do it again. I'm finding the growing is the easy bit but knowing what to do afterwards is a completely different story and that's where the knowledge of everyone on here is invaluable. Stick with it, we are all in this together

Comment

Totally agree with everything that's already been said! I'm also totally guilty of not putting into practice the advice that I might give out here, and if I had a young family and/or ill health I think I would feel quite demoralised too. Stick at it, every year will have some measure of success tempered with failure.

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Originally posted by Winged one View Post
            Um, Curvy vixen, can you please enlighten me on that one - I thought the same and my caulis don't seem to have a white bit in the middle (and they are caulis cos 2 DID get white middles - cabbages are beside em but visibly different). If I burrow into the middle and DON't see a white bit tonight, should I just pull them up (plug plants planted last Sept)????

Claire - ya see - everyone is always learning (and I really didn't ask that to make a point - I am now in a muddle).
            Sorry winged one ~ they expect me to work here too ~ flipping cheek

I certainly wouldn't pull them up if they are healthy. Without seeing them I would guess they are cabbages of some sort. Let them grow, then cook em and eat em! I bought mine as 12 little plugs from Newlands Garden Centre (so respectable business!). I bought two trays of 6 plugs and they were both labelled as cauliflowers so it wasn't unreasonable to expect cauliflowers!

Maybe someone made a mistake labelling yours? I know my Mum is a devil for not wanting 6 or 12 of the same thing and quite happily 'swaps' plugs from tray to tray in centre's to get what she wants without any thought for the person buying her leftover mixed up trays!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X