feeding spuds

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feeding spuds

hi everybody could any one tell me if i need to feed my spuds they have just started to flower they are maincrop [i think] spuds if so wat do i feed them with ?
    thanks john

I haven't fed mine anything; just popped them into clay soil, covered them and left them. popeed some newspaper over them to try and keep some moisture in but haven't watered them either as we don't have water at the lottie; and furtled one of my first earlies that had flowered to find some decent sized ones under there already.

Sure, if you want to feed them then go ahead; but they do seem to do well enough without it. I'd have a little furtle underneath and see what is occurring before you go and splash out on any fertiliser.

Comment

thanks zazen guess i do same as you just leave them alone
      for a while '

Comment

my friend hoes some growmore in amongst them...

Comment

Of course, I haven't got time to feed my spuds; what with the couch grass, mare's tail, bindweed and milk thistle...

Comment

I don't feed mine either. They feed me!
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

We manured the ground before planting, but have no plans to feed them anything else.
              Warning: I have a dangerous tendency to act like I know what I'm talking about.

Comment

What about spuds in tubs? What should they be fed, when and how often? Mine haven't started flowering yet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X