Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I planted some cucumber plants in an area my cat used to poop

hi,
    I was wondering if anyone could give me some advise if the cucumbers would be ok to eat since i accidently planted them where our cat used to use the bathroom for 2 years. she no longer poops there but there was a lot of rotted poop and i raked it up but now i am second guessing my self and dont feel safe eating the cucumbers.
    if any one can let me know if they would be ok to eat.

I don't know the answer but would also like to know as I have a similar problem.All I know is that the soil could be unsafe to touch but not sure if it is okay to grow things in
    The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

I think Clouds probably right, the cucumbers should be fine but don't touch the soil! And give them a wash first!
      If you're really worried (to the extend you won't enjoy eating them) why don't you move them? I know it's not ideal but for peace of mind?
      You can put ***** fluid onto soil (and lawns, don't know about other plants), it's a disinfectant, would that help?

Comment

Fillindo, I'm interested in the answers too. There's a girl that rents a cottage close by that has 2 cats, she's just moved her boyfriend in and he also has 2 cats. All 4 are now c******g in my garden. they seem to have taken a fancy to the strawberry trough. My cat and dog are doing a poor job of seeing them off.

Comment

I would like to find out too. Our neighbour's cat repeatedly used my 2 end beds as a toilet until we netted them. Since then, he has even climbed on the netting to leave us a gift! We have removed it all but I'm not sure if I fancy eating the stuff from there!

Comment

It seems to me that toxiplasmosis under normal conditions is only a danger to unborn children and preganant mothers.Check it out using Google,I just have.
            The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

thank you for all your advise. I was afraid that somehow the poop would seep in the plants roots and get in the vegetables and the vegetables would be contaminated with bacteria. I will try to put up something so the vegetables dont touch the ground. I will also make sure i wash them really good.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X