No announcement yet.

Potatoes Ready - How and When?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have some red duke of yours i planted in a potato barrell in april, i barrell was eventually fully loaded with compost about 4 weeks ago with lush greenery growing out of the top, however a few of the stalks have since broken i presume by birds landing on them or strong winds.
    Will these still be ok ?
    I lifted up the sites the other day to have a quick look but could only see a root system but no spuds ( i didnt have a furtle though as I was too scared to).
    My pots didnt come with any instructions as they came free with my barrell so any ideas of when they should be ready??

Comment

I did a little fuurtle the other night - it was lashing rain so I was happy to leave once I found 2 and they were a decent size too. 11 1/2 weeks growing but I can't remember what variety. I know that the other 1st earlies were Sharpe's Express (but I only had 10 of those and they are in another row) and I have lots of 2nds - Anya - planted in 2 batches 5 weeks apart (problems with the key and access!!).

Actually - just went on a names hunt, and Lady Christl sounds familiar.

I am going on the basis of a furtle this weekend in the LC rows, perhaps a few of the earlier sowing of Anyas for salad too, and starting to dig as we need them from next week or so (I might leave some Anya on the other side to try continuous cropping, but I need the earlies space for my winter leeks - getting very big in their pots!!).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X