Tomato feed

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomato feed

A while ago I bought some Tomato food from Lidl - in a box ,and it looks quite grainy and it tells you to scatter it on the soil around the plant and rake it in. When I now read advice about tomatoes everyone seem to say
    to use liquid tomato food, so I'm a bit worried about using this Lidl stuff but I feel I should be using something now as the plants are about a foot tall and have small flowers on them. Shall I go out and buy some of the liquid.?
    Advice needed for Newbie please ! ( Whatever would I do without this wonderful site !!)

margo

Where are you growing your tomatoes? The Lidl grainy stuff will be absolutely fine if you are growing them in open ground or large beds. Liquid feed is much more convenient if you are growing in pots or growbags in a greenhouse.

Comment

About 5 of them are in a raised bed and the rest in pots. I'll put some Lidl stuff on the ones in the bed.
      Last edited by margotay; 12-06-2008, 08:36 PM.

Comment

i got sum stuff from lidl as well i have put some in water and i have scattered some on the ground near the plants also i have got some pop bottles set into the ground and i have put some in the bottom of these so when i water the bottles the tomatoe feed goes with it.
        joanne geldard

Comment

Granular tomato food can be a useful thing - tomato plants form 2 sets of roots, one set near the surface for feeding and another set lower down for water. So if your plants are in pots you can scatter the granules on the surface, plus sit the plant in a saucer or tray. Water into the saucer every day, then once a week water the surface of the pot so the top roots get some of the granular food. Works in beds too, by sinking a bottle next to the plants for 'drinking water' and water the surface soil once a week to feed.
          Hope this makes sense

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X