gherkins ?????

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gherkins ?????

we have been donated a gherkin plannt 'venlo' I think, have put it in a big pot in the greenhouse but am unsure if it should go outside and do I pinch out male flowers??? help much appreciated !

I have a couple of gherkin plants, one inside one outside. Inside one has loads of baby gherkins on it and we have had one full size. The one outside is way behind and well be weeks before we are likely to get any gherkins from it. There have been no male flowers, only female so I have had no problem with removing male flowers.

Ian

Comment

thanks Ian ,I shall keep it in the greenhouse now.

Comment

Just to try and stay on topic here. How do you eat your gherkins. I mean, the obvious way would be to get quite a few and pickle them (yum), or do you eat them raw like a cucumber. As in, slice them up and add them to salads or stick them in sandwiches etc. I have never grown them and her in doors don't like the pickled variety, so would be interested in other ways
        "He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"

Comment

I was planning to pickle them with a bit of garlic and dill I've grown, but will have to have a chomp on a raw one just to see what it tastes like!

Comment

Let me know the outcome. I would be very interested in this one
            "He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"

Comment

will do vegnut.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X