X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garlic Falling over

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site

Just a quick question for you all.

My garlic which is autumn planted, is starting to yellow off now. But some seem to have taken it upon themselves to fall over, right down at ground zero at the top of the bulb

Is this normal or is it anything I should be worried about?

cm

This happens when they are starting to ripen. However it's been really wet and cold so far. I had one fall over and when I looked underneath something's eaten the roots!! No garlic bulb. However, the rest of them are looking OK and should be starting to ripen and bulb up soon.

Comment

I have had the same problem. Dug a couple out the other day and they looked fine. Mind you, this is my first time so not sure what they should look like

Mines were planted in Feb

Comment

Hi all,

I pulled my garlic up end of last week, the leaves had yellowed but not fallen but had started to get some sort of rust on them so decided best to dig them up. Most of them were pretty good and had split into cloves only a couple were on the small side.... got 23 bulbs altogether - wow did i stink when I'd finished

Comment

Your garlic might just be ready Cookiemonster. Have you looked to see.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

One lot of our garlic fell over as well so we dug it up the outher is still growing. the one that is still growing was what we saved from last year so we as saving some more for next year
            dont know if the picky is going to work
            if not ill get Mrs D to do it
            I'm of to the plot
            Attached Files
            Some things in their natural state have the most VIVID colors
            Dobby

Comment

I am growing "giant white" garlic from D T Browns and the tops look really big & heathly, but i had a quick furtle under the soil last night to see what was happening in the way of bulbs and all that is there are really small (smaller than a golf ball) bulbs that haven't split. Because of my heavy clay soil i started the cloves off in modules late last year & had them in my mini plastic greenhouse but planted them in my patch when the shoots reached a couple of inches high early this year, so they have been subject to frosts etc. Am i just being impatient or is this all i'm going to get out of them? Also, if they don't split into cloves does this mean that i can't save some for next year?
              Jane,
              keen but (slightly less) clueless
              http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X