Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any idea what's wrong with this tomato plant?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any idea what's wrong with this tomato plant?

It's a black cherry tomato plant and some of the leaves are going this way and most of them on the plant are very limp, as if they've no water, but the soil is moist. Is it diseased? There's another black cherry next to it and it's fine.

Try googling Magnesium Deficiency and Mosaic Virus. Hope it is magnesium def as it can be resolved by spraying with epsom salts; if it is the other, then it has to be destroyed. This is according to Hessayon the veg expert, not me.

Google tomato diseases as well, and see which one comes closest to your problem. i wouldn't destroy until you have tried the epsom salts anyway, in case it does perk up.

Comment

Been out this afternoon and just came back to find the worst affected branch completely shrivelled up. Looks dead. More leaves on the plant are beginning to die. Have been feeding said plants once a week with Miracle-Gro, surely that contains plenty of magnesium? Whatever it is, I'll have to act quick, before the other 11 plants get it.

Comment

I was going to say it just looks like sun scorch but that doesn't affect the rest of the plant. If it's looking really sickly, I would just write it off, it's only one plant and if it is something worse you may be saving the other plants from the same fate.
        I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X