Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

potatoes gone from the sublime to the ridiculous!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• potatoes gone from the sublime to the ridiculous!

So last week I posted that my spuds were tiny... so I duly left them alone and thought I would have another go today.

Now they are HUGE! The biggest new potatoes I have ever seen! I weighed one in at 220g. And he wasn't a one off biggie, just he was the only one I weighed.

I have had to cut them up for tonight's tea as baked wedges as they looked too enormous to be dainty new pots on the plate, lol.

We go away on sat for a week so I am thinking of lifting the rest as they will all be baking size if not when I get back!

janeyo

Wow that's impressive! Gotta love the ol' reliable potato! You should've taken a picture and added it as an attachment!
    Last edited by New_Bud; 16-06-2008, 04:04 PM.
    "You never really understand a person until you look at things from their point of view, until you step into their skin and walk around in it" - Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

Comment

Some potatoes grown as 'earlies' are actually maincrops which are lifted early! For instance, International Kidney (Jersey Royals) grow huge if left to mature!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Me too!
        Last week they were marble-size, now look at 'em ...Arran Pilot, 16.6 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!. All this from two plants.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

After lifting 3 roosters (as babies) on Saturday - even though I knew I probably shouldn't, I couldn't wait for my charlottes to start flowering... and now they have so I might be rummaging under there in the next few days. Hopefully I'll find some decent ones too.
          pjh75

We sow the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed. (Neil, The Young Ones)

http://producebypaula.blogspot.com/

Comment

International Kidney = Jersey Royal.
            Thanks for that Snadger. Settles a debate in this house.
            And have you seen the price of them in the shops??? Astronomical here - but lovely.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
              Me too!
              Last week they were marble-size, now look at 'em ...Arran Pilot, 16.6 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!. All this from two plants.
              Just wanted to say your potatoes look lovely Two_Sheds! (y)
              Last edited by New_Bud; 16-06-2008, 10:16 PM.
              "You never really understand a person until you look at things from their point of view, until you step into their skin and walk around in it" - Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X