• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
    nooooooooooo not bunnies *faints*
    oh dear .. rabbits are a total pain in the bum..but happily they taste nice

Comment

Not when they attack you they aren't. It has been known.
      My mind not only wanders - sometimes it leaves me completely

Comment

Originally posted by Nige69 View Post
        It is illegal to shoot foxes with an air rifle - Lynda is quite right it only injures them the pellet will lodge itself in the flesh of the animal which will then die some time later after a lot of suffering - a rim fire rifle minimum is require dto despatch humanely.
        JOKE!!! it was a joke!

Comment

I have just had to replant lots of my salads as the little g!ts keep digging it up to bury gloves they have pinched (foxgloves??)

Haven;t seen them yet, but I can smell them and teh ground under the shed has been scraped most mornings

Comment

Originally posted by hamsterqueen View Post
            I have just had to replant lots of my salads as the little g!ts keep digging it up to bury gloves they have pinched (foxgloves??)

Haven;t seen them yet, but I can smell them and teh ground under the shed has been scraped most mornings
            yeah the window boxes at the front get dug up at least once a week.. god knows why they do it

Comment

Grey Squirrels are probably the most successful killers of birds as they are clever little blighters and appear able to get at any nest.

Comment

It is illegal to shoot foxes with an air rifle - Lynda is quite right it only injures them the pellet will lodge itself in the flesh of the animal which will then die some time later after a lot of suffering - a rim fire rifle minimum is require dto despatch humanely.
                Shotgun is better. Air rifle is fine for squirrels and rabbits, as long as it has a bit of power behind it. Unfortunately I can't use my crossbow because it is silent and you have to give the baskets a running chance! (Crossbow is far more deadly than a shotgun!)
                http://www.freewebs.com/notesfromtheplot/ **updated**

Comment

I agree - devils work they are - like cats! but dont that that twerp Bill Oddie hear you say that - he who promotes feeding them and saying aaarrhhh aren't they lovely on national tv!

Comment

Sorry Rich75 - i was typing the reply at the same time you were - it's just that a lot of people think they can just shoot at what they want to - this doesn't give the true shooting fraternity a good impression to joe public as we get tarred with the same brush. Most people who shoot are animal lovers and respect their quarry greatly!

Comment

Sorry Rich75 - i was typing the reply at the same time you were - it's just that a lot of people think they can just shoot at what they want to - this doesn't give the true shooting fraternity a good impression to joe public as we get tarred with the same brush. Most people who shoot are animal lovers and respect their quarry greatly!
                      fair enough

.. though i was feeling distinctly murderous this morning as I picked up armfuls of broken onion stems and desperately tried to prop up the remaining parsnips!

Comment

Sorry guys but foxes have their purpose.I love em,they fascinate me,but I'm not anti hunting,as I did grow up in the country.If you want to kill foxes then why not Badgers and squirrels ect.Everything has a purpose in life.Execept Cats!!!!!!!and Dogs!!!!!!!!!
                        The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

I hate all aniamls on my allotment with the exception of frogs, robins, ladybugs sparrows, finches, but anything that attacks my crops is toast!
                          Foxes are causing problems at the moment but at least they are attacking my no. 1 hate .....pigeons!

My favourite song just now is from a catoon series from the seventies

So, Stop The Pigeon, Stop The Pigeon,
                          Stop The Pigeon, Stop The Pigeon,
                          Stop The Pigeon, Stop The Pigeon
                          Stop that Pigeon How ?
                          Nab him - jab him - tab him - grab him,
                          Stop that pigeon now!

Comment

As you have probaly gathered my pet hate's are Cats and Dogs.No purpose!!!!!!
                            The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
                              Sorry guys but foxes have their purpose.I love em,they fascinate me,but I'm not anti hunting,as I did grow up in the country.If you want to kill foxes then why not Badgers and squirrels ect.Everything has a purpose in life.Execept Cats!!!!!!!and Dogs!!!!!!!!!
                              Badgers are fine as long as they do not have TB or burrow under your home.
                              Grey squirrels are an imported menace who destroy trees but are extremely tasty.
                              Wild boar can be dangerous, released by animal rights nutters. (Who, btw are against the natural order of things as they complained when Wolfman Ellis said that Wolves ought to be released into the wild! My question is why one if not the other???)
                              Foxes can be dangerous to other animals, chickens and on occasion small children.
                              Dogs are excellent for shoots where they collect the birds, excellent for security.
                              Cats are fantastic for keeping rat and mouse numbers down and for keeping birds out of the garden.
                              http://www.freewebs.com/notesfromtheplot/ **updated**

Comment

but cats and dogs do have a purpose ........ cats keep your lap warm, and dogs make you go out and get exercise ........ i only hate creepy crawlies in the house,i can handle them if they stay outside where they belong ..... and rats ....... anything else is fine by me ...... and i really really hate rats cos i got attacked by 6 of them once at the same time ....... and they killed my bunnies when i was little

and foxes are just wild dogs
                                Last edited by lynda66; 17-06-2008, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X