Golden mangetout

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden mangetout

I`m growing golden mangetout for the first time this year along with my usual Oregon. They don`t seem as prolific & a couple of the plants have gone yellow - all the leaves -& a couple of the golden pods have turned greyish. Anyone know what the problem is?

Golden Sweet? Mine have produced really well, although I can't compare them to anything else as I have never grown anything before. I have been picking them practically everyday since the end of May and the plants themselves are still growing and seem to be taking over the plot - then again, I do have 12 plants. The lower leaves on a couple of the plants are starting to go yellow but I assumed that was just because the top leaves are now blocking out the sunlight etc. The pods have been okay though.

I've just checked one of my books and it says that root rot can cause the plants to turn yellow and die - hope it's nothing like that for you. I'm sure someone else will come along soon with other suggestions.
    pjh75

We sow the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed. (Neil, The Young Ones)

http://producebypaula.blogspot.com/

Comment

Mine are producing really well, I like the fact that they are much taller than other varieties I have tried as I get more crop per square foot. Some of the bottom leaves are yellowing a bit now on the first sowing but the rest of the plant is fine. I'm watering plenty (but no need today after yesterday's rain!) and feeding too with a seaweed mixture. Had the first lot at the weekend and both of us loved them, really crisp and sweet. No idea if they store as we've been eating them too quick mixed in with what ever other veg we're eating - will have to pick some more when I get in tonight so stir fry for tea!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I've planted 16 of these for the first time this year, not yet flowering but we are quite far north. What sort of quantities have you been picking ? - there's only two of us.

Comment

Originally posted by amandaandherveg View Post
          I've planted 16 of these for the first time this year, not yet flowering but we are quite far north. What sort of quantities have you been picking ? - there's only two of us.
          There's only two of us, and we have had more than enough each day.
          pjh75

We sow the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed. (Neil, The Young Ones)

http://producebypaula.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X