Brussel Sprouts dieing in the Pot

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brussel Sprouts dieing in the Pot

I've tried to start off Brussels twice now in 3 inch pots but the leaves are shrivelling and dieing.....i've felt under the vermiculite and the soil is damp....any ideas / tips to get them going,......

I'm looking once a reasonable size to get them out into the veg patch.....
    AKA - BigMatt over at Chillis Galore......

Where are they? (Are they getting too hot and/or scorched by the sun?)
    Warning: I have a dangerous tendency to act like I know what I'm talking about.

Comment

Sprouts shouldn't be a problem Pieman. You could give them one more go - plant straight into the ground.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Whereabouts are you keeping the pots Pieman? They don't want to be in the greenhouse, or indoors at this time of year, it's too warm for them. I've been sowing my brassicas into big-ish module trays then putting them on some spare wire shelves in the shade behind the shed. They've mostly come up well, and the only problem I've had with them has been the evil munching snails

Comment

They are on a window sill so that may be the problem - I have some spare space now the autumn sown onions are up - so will try straight in the ground under some fleece.....and perhaps some in modules in the cool garage....
          Last edited by Pieman; 18-06-2008, 10:29 PM.
          AKA - BigMatt over at Chillis Galore......

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X