No announcement yet.

My Garden

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argh, you're all making me so jealous!! If you've seen any of my other postings you'll probably know I'm stuck in a flat I can't sell, desperate to buy a house with a garden... I gave up my allotment as we were all set to move and then it fell through.

Fingers crossed that before I know it I'll be sharing photos of my garden too - will have to remember this thread so I can get some inspiration when the time comes. Meanwhile I'll have to stay content with taking over my parents' little paved courtyard garden... not to mention all our furniture and junk in their conservatory, spare room, loft, garage...

Michelle

Comment

Wow, some amazing pictures! I also like your netting Alice! We have netting and I am confused as to how other people fix it to the ground. We have lots of stones balanced on ours as a temporary solution but I would like a way to fix them down that will still keep the cat out but is not time consuming to remove/replace....how do you all do it?

Michelle

Comment

i would think tent pegs would do the job well, i used them on my pond netting for a while, and it never blew away

Lynda

Comment

Iuse tent pegs to keep netting in place its worked so far
          Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
          and ends with backache

Comment

Yep, tent pegs for us too.

Comment

Flapjack, my netting is fixed down with bits of fence wire snipped into lenghts and bent over at one end into a C shape. I just poke the wire into the earth and catch the net in the C. Very quick and easy to push in and pull out. It's the cheapest way I could find to do it. (B & Q sell the wire in small rolls)

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Thanks everybody! I assume that if you use tent pegs, you dont pull them up each time but just unhook the netting?

Alice - I will be buying that wire! my current support system (wire and bamboo canes) is rubbish!

Comment

We are really lucky with a nice size garden, and I have found myself moving away from flowers, and totally into veggies.

Need to balance abit, and get more organised next year, but have just about finished the raised beds.

Very clayey soil + Mares Tail, + Bindweed dosn't help at all.

Getting a good crop so far though

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X