Damaged Melon

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damaged Melon

Went down to my greenhouse this morning and a bloomin slug had eaten the growing tip out of my melon!What do I do leave it to its own devices or pull it up.BLOOMIN BUGGERS!!!!!!!!!!
    The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Shoot the slug with a 12 bore, and hope the melon grows side shoots??

Comment

OK done that made a bit of a mess though
      The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

yeah but at least it won't come back, and will show the other slugs you mean business

Comment

I believe you are suppose to pinch out the growing tip while the plant is still small anyway, to encourage it to grow side shoots as the fruit grows on side shoots not the main stem. This is my first year with melons, pinched them out today, so I'm hoping it'll work!
          Warning: I have a dangerous tendency to act like I know what I'm talking about.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X