Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lettuce Highly Recommended

Hi
    Just like to recommend T & M's Iceberg lettuce Mini Green.

They promised delcious, crunchy tennis ball sized icebergs, compact habit with few waste outer leaves and standing in condition for long periods.

It does all that, I've been eating my way through a bed of 20 of them, they do stand well, happy in full sun and content with the rain we've had so far without any extra watering.

They are just the right size for a salad or in sandwiches for one or two people, if you've any left over it does keep well in the fridge.

From seed to maturity in 80 days, so will be sowing some more. I grew them as plug plants and got twenty in a one metre square bed quite comfortably.

This will be a must have for me from now on, I love the crunch of iceberg lettuce and this has flavour too, not like then bland icebergs from the shops.

best wishes
    Sue

Thanks for the post, Sue, I have thought about getting Mini Green, and now definitely going to order some.

norazina

Comment

I bought red iceburgs from Real seeds and the first ones will be due to go in the ground in a week or two; only ordered them a couple of weeks ago. Can't wait.

I usually grow a range of lettuces, but my fave this year is the lollo rossa; mine are green until they go in the ground then they turn red overnight; bloomin marvelous.
      Last edited by zazen999; 20-06-2008, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X