Tomato advice please

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomato advice please

I'm new to all this veg growing, seems to be going ok, other than a tom problem...caused by me!! I pinched out when young, and now think I pinched out the wrong bit?? I now have 2 main stems coming up from the bottom, they are both just starting to flower...only just, should I cut 1 away or leave? I have 3 the same in a bag, maybe try 1 and see what happens??
    Freelance Photographer

Not quite sure from your post which bits you pinched out. If your tomato plants are cordon type, you should pinch out the side shoots which come up between the side branches and the main stem. To put it simply, if you were a tomato plant and stood with arms outstretched, the bits that you would pinch out would be growing between the top of your arms and your neck. If you have a bush type, though, you don't pinch them out at all. Hope that helps.

Comment

it sounds the same as some of mine, except i didn't pinch any shoots out they just grew that way- in a V shape from right at the bottom near the soil.
      I've just tied the stems to 2 canes as far apart as possible to give them as much light as i could.
      I don't know whether it'll work. The plants that are like this are much shorter than the plants that grew normally but they have many more flowers.

Comment

They should be fine. It's not ideal but if you can put up with your plant giving you a V sign every time you look at it, you will get a reasonable crop. It's a learning curve!
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X