Shooting and Rooting

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting and Rooting

Okay, I am ecstatic I'm conducting an experiment with pumpkin seeds in a bowl with wet kitchen towel, experimenting with the husk on, off and filed at the edges (to avoid new leaf damage). Two have got little root shoots! After only three days! Meaning even though they were experiments I can use them! So yey I'm happy (I really want to carve a jakolantern from my own pumpkins)!

Secondly: miraculously the pea seed experiment I conducted in an old pot noodle pot has a shoot! I grew it in the dark in a cool dry place and it has shooted before my pots outside (I planted them a day or so later) so clearly they like those conditions! Yey go peas!

Sorry I'm happy!
    "You never really understand a person until you look at things from their point of view, until you step into their skin and walk around in it" - Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

Exciting isn't it?
    Well done those seeds
    Warning: I have a dangerous tendency to act like I know what I'm talking about.

Comment

Hehe thankyou!
      "You never really understand a person until you look at things from their point of view, until you step into their skin and walk around in it" - Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

Comment

Hi New Bud,

Try soaking seed (any seed that is big enough) for about 24 hours, before you put it on the kitchen towel, it speeds up process a lot.

norazina

Comment

Thanks Norazina, I did with the pumpkin seeds, how big can they be? E.g could I soak coriander and pepper seeds?

Comment

with seeds like carrots, parsnips, coriander, sage, sorrel, spinach, peppers, tomatoes, etc I just put them on top of soaking paper towel, seal it in a plastic bag or zip loc, makes them go like mad
            Last edited by norazina; 23-06-2008, 07:23 PM.

Comment

oooh that must be why about 3/4 days after i put my pepper seeds between two sheets of kitchen paper in a resealable in the airing cupboard they rooted then!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X