Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone local to me?? (wirral)

Hi everyone,
    i put a message out yesterday asking if anyone could help me with what to sow from seed at this time of year, one of the replies said that i should go down to my local allotment and speak to some people and ask for advice. I'm too much of a scaredy cat though so i thought i would see if there is anyone who lives local that i could tap for info about growing stuff.

ok so i live in Wallasey on the Wirral, there are allotments in the local park but i hear that you could be on the waiting list forever! if anyone needs help on theirs or fancies getting a joint one then send me a message

Thanks everyone
    Last edited by annetteevans; 22-06-2008, 08:36 AM.
    Happy Gardening!

Can't help with any of the local stuff but I recommend getting yourself on the list immediately. I put my name down in 2006 for a council allotment (even though I was only 50-50 at the time whether I actually wanted one) and it looks like I *might* get one this year, but I'm not holding my breath!

(We struck lucky though and managed to talk our way into a small plot on the local city farm which has been brilliant.)
    Warning: I have a dangerous tendency to act like I know what I'm talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Demeter View Post
      Can't help with any of the local stuff but I recommend getting yourself on the list immediately. I put my name down in 2006 for a council allotment (even though I was only 50-50 at the time whether I actually wanted one) and it looks like I *might* get one this year, but I'm not holding my breath!

(We struck lucky though and managed to talk our way into a small plot on the local city farm which has been brilliant.)
      cool thanks, i have emailed the council trying to find out about availability, hopefully they will get back to me
      Happy Gardening!

Comment

did you see this site? tells you where they are but unfortunately not whether any are available

Welcome to Wirral's Allotments

Comment

Hi
          There has been a bit of a campaign recently to get Wirral council to provide more allotments. There is a summary on Access To Allotments
          On this website you can also find a list of all the sites in Wirral with how many are on each waiting list - http://www.transitiontownwestkirby.o...ting_lists.pdf
          There are waiting lists for some of the Wallasey sites, and you may find that the feedback from the council about this rather puts you off applying. However, if people don't join the list because it's too long, it means the council have no idea what the demand for allotments actually is, and therefore less incentive to actually provide more. You can download an application form from the council website http://www.wirral.gov.uk/LGCL/100006...pplication.pdf This includes the return address.
          Good luck.

Comment

There's also an allotment area re-opened in Stafford. There's only 2 or 3 people on there so far (I'm one of them). The council have 2 years to make this work, otherwise it's going to be used to build yet more houses on that no-one will be able to afford. PM me if you want contact details etc
            My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X