No announcement yet.

Greenhouse tomatos - advice please

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I had a smaller greenhouse it seemed to be drier. I wonder if it had to do with ventilation - and the draught / drying effect that had.

I know we haven't had really hot weather yet, but my GHouse has no shading and I typically open the roof vents only the side away from the wind direction, and then only half way, plus I open the door 3" or 4", and the temperature is fine. For a couple of hours in the middle of the day I open the vents wider, and one on the windward side.

I'm pretty sure my previous, smaller, greenhouses have had to have "everything open", and the draft etc. has had a drying effect on the plants.

But at my age maybe I'm just imagining it!
    K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Ah, well I keep mine zipped up most of the time lately because it's not been too hot but quite windy - if you open the door the wind gets in and threatens to blow the house down - I'm hoping that when the hotter weather comes (when?? if??) it won't be windy at the same time otherwise I'm going to be on Morton's fork lol - meanwhile, the plants seem to be loving it hot'n'humid...
      Warning: I have a dangerous tendency to act like I know what I'm talking about.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X