Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many cucumber flowers?

Hi guys

I'm growing some cucumbers in my little greenhouse. They're supposed to be mini cucumbers (which I hoped meant the plant not the fruit, but apparently not). Anyway, I've got tons of flowers forming into fruits, but should I be removing some so the plant can put more energy into growing fewer but bigger fruits? I know you do this with peppers and aubergines, but not sure about cukes. Thanks.

If the plant is a mini cucumber that will indeed mean that it grows mini veg. The only thing that will happen if you leave them is that they will ripen on the plant and further production will stop.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

I don't think you'd want bigger fruit because they start to lose taste if they get too big and are supposed to be picked as minis... that's what the info on mine says anyway, so I picked at the size suggested and they were very tasty.
      pjh75

We sow the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed. (Neil, The Young Ones)

http://producebypaula.blogspot.com/

Comment

I am growing mini and maxi cucumbers this year for a change and I have never thinned the fruit and they have always fruited until end of october for me and kept a family of 6 going with no buying required. Also a few to the neighbours. I just make sure I pick before they start to turn yellow.
        Enjoy the taste of the minis whilst small.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X