Too late to grow cucumbers?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too late to grow cucumbers?

Found a Burpless variety which can be sown until 'June'. Does this mean the end of June? Am I too late to seed them? Would love to have another go after the slimy critters had my first lot!

Might be worth looking for some plants in your local garden centre, as that will save a few weeks of germination and "getting under way".

But using my normal style of gardening "Up to end of June" would mean at least the middle of July to me, sometimes even later!!
    K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Hi

I am only just about to sow my Burpless Cucumbers this weekend, had all good intentions of sowing my cucumbers earlier but had a packet of Marketmore that were a couple of years old which I sowed about a month ago but I got really poor germination only a couple came up, so need to sow a few more. It shouldn't be a problem we just wont get Cucumbers quite as early as all the people who sowed them at the start of the sowing window.

Good luck

Comment

Thanks all. Don't mind waiting, I just don't want to waste any more seed this year after the appalling start with the slug plague!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X