Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this Garlic?

Hi there,

About 6 weeks or so ago, i planted some garlic cloves - I didnlt think they would or had survived, but i thought i woudl try it.

Anyway, where I think i may have planted a clove, i now have this shoot - is this garlic??

It is the only one of about 6-8 cloves i planted.

many thanks,
    Neil

Onions, Beetroot, Garlice & Sweetcorn in the Garden

Looks to be garlic. Pinch the tip off a leaf, rub it between your fingers and have a sniff! You'll soon tell!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Looks just like my garlic, though mines a little taller. I too planted mine 6ish weeks ago, with a few cloves I had lying about. It was too protect my gooseberry bush from something, as suggested on GYO, but I cant remember what from now!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gazza View Post
        Looks just like my garlic, though mines a little taller. I too planted mine 6ish weeks ago, with a few cloves I had lying about. It was too protect my gooseberry bush from something, as suggested on GYO, but I cant remember what from now!!
        ..........sawfly????
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Yes, the sniff test will be a good one! - I adore the smell of garlic and onion leaves (don't tell anyone).

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
            ..........sawfly????
            Garlic doesn't protect my gooseberries from sawfly
            Warning: I have a dangerous tendency to act like I know what I'm talking about.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X