Mystery eggs on my caulis

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery eggs on my caulis

First year growing caulis, well growing anything actually. Today my FIL pointed out some yellow eggs on the underside of one of my cauli leaves

What's this all about and what do I do? I think I remember my lovely Grandad spraying things with soapy water.

Sounds like cabbage white eggs? They like all brassicas.
    Anything like this?
    Caterpillar eggs - Free images - Royalty free photos - FreeDigitalPhotos.net

If so, squish / rub them off the leaf and inspect for more, keep an eye out for caterpillars too. I don't know if soapy water works on caterpillars, I thought that was more for aphids and things. There might be something else you can spray them with, if you aren't able to inspect them regularly and need a quick fix. I expct someone who has more of a clue will be along in a minute!
    Warning: I have a dangerous tendency to act like I know what I'm talking about.

Comment

search 'rhubarb spray' and you'll find an organic solution.

Comment

try this,if it isn't them BBC - Gardening - Pest and Disease Identifier

Comment

Those are the culprits Demeter - I will keep an eye out. Funnily enough I was in the greenhouse the other day and I saw a white butterfly, the first I'd seen. I guess I now know where it was going. I'd just got the snails under control now there are other beasties to contend with, geez!

Comment

Thanks for the info Lynda and Zazen - I'm on the case.

Comment

I cover all my brassicas (cabbages, broccoli, kale, swede etc) with Enviromesh over cloche hoops to keep off the cabbage white butterflies after finding caterpillars inside the broccoli florets You can buy it by the metre from Harrod Horticultural and it lasts for years

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X