Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jungle seeds

I have just spent a happy time on Tropical Seeds & Plants Mail Order

Lots of unusual and striking veg (and other stuff) and surprising things that can be grown in the UK despite having more exotic origins. I think someone on here was asking about exotic veg recently (can't remember who, sorry). There are jungly looking plants, funny coloured veg, things like bananas and eucalyptus, strawberry spinach, and also I noticed they had choy sum which someone was asking about the other day.

I've already ordered a bunch of things that appealed to me - but wondered if anyone else here had any experience of this company. They look fab, anyway!
    Warning: I have a dangerous tendency to act like I know what I'm talking about.

not had experience of them YET but i have an itchy mouse finger lol ...... i think i need to win the lottery before i even look. gotta save some pennies now, i've spent far too much lately

Comment

I've ordered from them before and can heartily recommend them. They even sent me a pair of freebie, ready germinated coffee beans with my last order. One's now got four leaves! How exciting

Comment

Flippin eck, that's a bit keen, growing your own coffee!!

I daren't look. Lynda isn't the only one who needs to save pennies. The poxy garden centre has got huge 'SALE' signs outside, now. Garrrgghhh!!

Comment

try this website out

some interesting fruit...

Exotic Collection Seeds Department ::: Capital Gardens

Comment

Originally posted by SlugLobber View Post
            Flippin eck, that's a bit keen, growing your own coffee!!

I daren't look. Lynda isn't the only one who needs to save pennies. The poxy garden centre has got huge 'SALE' signs outside, now. Garrrgghhh!!
            lol, thankfully we haven't got any nearby garden centres, its just wilkies i have to walk through with my eyes shut .... they had some grape vines yesterday ... far too tempting

i was thinking of growing tea, but apparently it doesn't come ready bagged ... and i'd need about 20 acres with the amount i drink lol

Comment

I tend to pick a few unusuals every year, last year was the albino beetroot, very nice too completely possible to mistake for a turnip, as OH did and one day we had potato and beetroot mash. Dont recommend that one.
              I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

They have a £10 minimum order though, I am trying to cut down on my buying frenzies!!! (I used to buy fabric, now I buy seeds aaarrrgggggghhhh!!)
                If anyone else wants just a few items perhaps we could share an order??? pm me!
                I only really want the red noodle asparagus beans and the artichokes.
                Tx

Comment

Hey Lynda - you've GOT to have this one - it's a bat plant:
                  Thompson & Morgan Exotic Collection Tacca chantrieri - The Bat Plant Seeds [THOMP7338] at www.CapitalGardens.co.uk

Mind you, at £5 for 15 seeds it better had be a bit special lol, specially as you can't even eat it!!

Comment

got some already, £2 for 5 seeds off ebay

and some of these £1.50 for 5
                    [/QUOTE]

and some of these £1.15 for 6

[/QUOTE]

gorgeous arent they?

bloody hard work though, they are currently about an inch high ..... want flowers NOWWWWWW!!!!!!
                    Last edited by lynda66; 30-06-2008, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Wow, they're amazing

Comment

they will be if i ever get flowers on them

i love weird flowers ..... and if they are black even better

have some of these seeds too, but they are really hard to grow, and i've not had any success yet, but i've got 3 seeds left, might be lucky this time.

these are currently 6 inches high, and i'm excited

cant wait till i get some flowers, everythings growing like mad, but it's all very green

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X