Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• France - Christmas spuds

A bit frenchist this one!
    Does anyone know where/whether I can get seed potatos for august planting? My 1st earlies were amandine and i'm not sure that these would really be suitable for roasting etc. My 2nd earlies are agate which may work, but won't be ready for a few more weeks and then will be cutting it a bit fine for an ungerminated planting. I have trawled the net and can find nothing, certainly in this neck of the woods no-one is particularly adventurous with their planting. One friend was astonished to hear that I had started all my plants from seed! I did have the same problem when I wanted to put in my earlies, there was nothing in the shops and then suddenly they were everywhere!! I don't want to leave it too late though and have nothing to plant out.
    Any ideas chez nous??
    Tx

I'v ejust ordered some from Dobies, they have a selection of seconds for Christmas harvest
    Freelance Photographer

Comment

But they won't send them here!!!!
      Tx

Comment

Don't know all the ins and outs of Xmas spuds. I am going to have a go as I have empty tubs. I am just harvesting Charlotte and I am going to put them in the fridge for two weeks then plant and see what happens.

Ian

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X