Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colour of pots

Morning All,

My chilli plants are growing extreemely well but I have noticed that the ones planted in black containers are much bushier than the ones in the brown containers.

Does this make sense to anyone ?, could it be the black pots attract the heat more?, just wandered if anyone else has similar results..

Is the drainage hole pattern significantly different? I presume they are the same size, in all other respects? Same compost?

Interesting!
    K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

As you say probably due to black absorbing more heat, which would have probably meant a higher night time soil temp.May be worth taking note of.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by gojiberry View Post
        As you say probably due to black absorbing more heat, which would have probably meant a higher night time soil temp.May be worth taking note of.

Ian

That was my thoughts,, drainage holes are identicle as is sizes of pots, can only assume as you say that night time temps are higher,,

Comment

I prefer black pots for this reason, and also because they look nicer than that orange "terracotta" colour they do plant pots in.

Incidentally, I got some excellent black pots from eBay, 100 for about 5 quid, inc.delivery. That was cheaper than any of my local stores.PK (100) 9cm / 3" LIGHTWEIGHT PLANT POT FOR YOUR SEEDS on eBay, also Plastic, Pots Window Boxes Baskets, Garden Plants, Home Garden (end time 10-Jul-08 06:25:52 BST)
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

FWIW I buy my pots from Kays Horticultural Products. Their catalogue and web site is a disaster - so little information it is hard to make any sort of purchasing decision, unless you know exactly what you want - e.g. searching for 1/2" hose is hopeless, lots of matches, impossible to work out what you might want.

Anyway, their pots are good quality Sankey, and the 9cm ones (for comparison) are £ 4.75 - but ideally you need to buy in multiples of a case (which for 9cm is 1,320) at which point the price drops to £ 3.48 / 100.

Fixed delivery charge of £ 5.95 - so only really worthwhile if you bulk up the order.
            K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X