Spider Mite help needed.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spider Mite help needed.

Yet again I have got red spider mite on my butternut squash plant leaves and they are shrivelling before my eyes.

As they are in a polytunnel with other plants, I can't really raise the temperature and humidity to help them as the other things wouldn't like it.

Is there any pesticide on the market which might work ?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Please have a look at my Veg Growing Diary.

allotment-diary.co.uk

Thanks.

We had this problem last year with our chillis and the best thing we tried (and completely solved the problem) was predator insects. Not the cheapest option, but the pesticides had little or no effect and we ended up losing one of the plants altogether. This year we'll orderin the predators at the first sign of the little blighters
    You can get them from lots of places, but we bought ours from Wiggly Wigglers July at Wiggly Wigglers

Comment

Definitely agree with Sarah, predator mites! I can PM you the name of a good supplier if you like.

Comment

I had this last year and sloshed a cornflour/milk/water mix all over the affected plants. As you might imagine from the ingredients, it's basically a 'glue' and it gunges up the mites so they die off pretty quickly.

It's not a very pretty solution but it's low cost and organic!
        I was feeling part of the scenery
        I walked right out of the machinery
        My heart going boom boom boom
        "Hey" he said "Grab your things
        I've come to take you home."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X