Olive Tree dying?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olive Tree dying?

I have a small olive tree in a pot outside my house. I've had it for around 2 years and it has grown very little in that time, but has seemed healthy enough.

However in the last two weeks, I've noticed that leaves are turning a dark greyish brown and falling off at a rate of knots.

Can anyone shed some light on what might be the problem?

I don't know an awful lot about Olives, I'm afraid. But if you're sure that the plant has had adequate moisture - not too much & not too little - then maybe this link will help; Olive Pests and Diseases
    Last edited by SarzWix; 03-08-2008, 10:13 PM.

Comment

If possible, move to a bigger pot and sink the pot into the ground if you don't want to plant the tree directly in the ground. Give it plenty of water, then a light feed (I use chicken poo). My big (ish) tree went into decline and recovered after this treatment
      My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

I have a young olive tree and its doing ok, I have 1 olive growing on it at the moment but I am going to have to either re pot it or plant it - bit scared to do this at the moment, gonna hold off until i have the courage. I know this doesn't help you much but I will keep a very close eye on mine from now on.
        Somedays your up, somedays your down, but you have to make the best of everything

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X