No announcement yet.

Potato sale in Suffolk, 2009

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just had a Google, and there's a pub called The Magpie 2 miles from Stonham Barns, which hopefully will do pub lunches, for any that's interested FindMyNearest Pub in IP14 6AT | UpMyStreet
    Last edited by Two_Sheds; 13-02-2009, 04:58 PM.
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

and I just noticed this on the website:
      "There is a planned road closure of the A140 at the Pulham Market crossroads (north of Diss) for the whole weekend from 8pm on 13 - 16 Feb. Diversions will be in place via the A143, A146 and A47."

Comment

bugger i am away then but will get some of the lads and lases to get down for a visit its very close to us

Comment

Why don't they do a day in the East Midlands, they're all miles away from Derbyshire
          Gone veg crazy!

Comment

I'm getting very excited about Valentine's, I mean Potato Day

Here's a list of varieties on offer: http://www.eapd.btik.com/p_VARIETIES_LIST.ikml
            Last edited by Two_Sheds; 13-02-2009, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lisab View Post
              Why don't they do a day in the East Midlands, they're all miles away from Derbyshire
              We are - see the potato day at Chesterfield thread...well, we will if there's enough of us.

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...eld_27563.html
              Last edited by zazen999; 13-02-2009, 04:49 PM.

Comment

I've just found a good website of varieties. If you click on each variety you can find out qualities like scab resistance, blight resistance etc. The British Potato Variety Database

Comment

DD asked me this morning if Valentines is when you buy lots of spuds!!!Poor delusioned child!!.....of course I told her "Yes"!
                  We're planning on being there for 10am....Andi seems to think 10:30....so we'll see!
                  the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Well, what a great day ... bestest Valentine's ever!

I met Di and Andi of andi&di in the crush that was Potato Day. I went with a list, but several were not on sale, or already sold out after half an hour

I still managed to come away with twice as many spuds as I "needed" but there you go. I also swapped some bean seeds for lots of other goodies, and bought a further 7 packets of things that I'm positive I really could do without.

Afterwards, we pottered around Woodbridge and had a lovely curry at Spice Bar - what a perfect day

Comment

I also went to the potato day, it was useful as I had the chance to ask a lot of 'daft' questions, I agree with 2 sheds, it was a shame so much was sold out so quick...a lot of the 'easier' growing had gone
                      but did get advice on what learners (like myself) should go for )

Comment

A great day/morning for us too....had a busy afternoon/early eve,so as yet got to look at what we've bought....but pretty sure more than we maybe needed!!!Especially as towards the end of the morning we let D&A have a few choices to keep them interested & they got a little carried away,but as neither of them are too keen on potatos,hoping they might be a little more enthusiastic with the ones they've chosen.
                        the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X