Storm damage

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storm damage

We've had the most horrendous storm here this afternoon with really huge hailstones. After seeing the damage the hailstones caused to the plants (mainly the banana plant) in the back garden, I decided I'd better go and check on the allotment. Oh dear!! Butternut squash, courgette and pumkin plants all have shredded leaves, some of the stems have broken on some pumpkins; my climbing french beans leaves look as if they've been shot by a shotgun, turnips, rhubarb and comfrey likewise. Will I loose these plants or is there a chance they might survive?
    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

hi maureen i sat an watched the storm thinking i was going to be floating down the street if it carried on, long time since ive seen weather like that in stafford. hope your plants recover all the best belle

Comment

Jings Maureen what a shame, but I think your plants will be allright - if less beautiful.
      Squash, courgettes etc can be pretty raggie looking and still produce good crops. I hope it works out well for you.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Oh dear! Hopefully they'll be ok, if there aren't too many further storms. Some of my plants suffered badly in the spring, but amazingly a few of these recovered (the rest were eaten by my avatar!).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X