Too much rain??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too much rain??

it has been raining here every day for about a month, i was wondering what this is going to do with my plants. the drainage is good in my garden and pots, so no waterlogging is going on but i'm thinking that so much water isn't going to do any good all the same?

anyone know what too much rain does to plants?
    Happy Gardening!

I think all the rain will leach out the nutrients required for growth which along with the lack of sunshine (required for photosynthesis to take place) will give poor results in the veggie garden.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

yeah i had noticed that my plants were staying quite small, is there anything i can do or should i just feed them when the rain stops?
      Happy Gardening!

Comment

i've brought my peas and beans into the sged and left them by the window, given them a feed too, hope they will be alright
        Happy Gardening!

Comment

After reading the above I have a question, why is it that all our precious veg plants stay small, cause of too much water and no sunlight but I have a monster of a thorn type blackberry bush that appears to be taking over the world......... something strange i think or it is indeed sods law at its finest
          Somedays your up, somedays your down, but you have to make the best of everything

Comment

i think it is sods law at its finest hun, we have a huge ivy in the back garden and no matter what we do to it it groes back, the rain doesn't seem to bother it at all, my peas however are only about six inches high and don't seem to want to get any bigger. they are in the shed with my french beans which seem to be ok, everything else is in the beds or in pots too big to come in so i'll just have to see how they do
            Happy Gardening!

Comment

Originally posted by bloom View Post
              After reading the above I have a question, why is it that all our precious veg plants stay small, cause of too much water and no sunlight but I have a monster of a thorn type blackberry bush that appears to be taking over the world......... something strange i think or it is indeed sods law at its finest
              Evolution.

Flippin' weather - it's really got me glum today.

Comment

I need to get my onions up and attempt to dry them out before they rot. Saying that, the rain has given me a bumper carrot crop and a freezer full of spinach. Hopefully when I finally get the tatties up they will be a good size too.

Comment

i have tatties in a big pot outside too, i have spinache germinating in the cold frame too, think i should put it outside? havent even got the onions yet or garlic, planning on over wintering them
                  Happy Gardening!

Comment

Anything leafy, like spinach and lettuce, grown in containers will love the rain. No need to keep your spinach out of it.

It is important to feed container grown crops regularly anyway, so just be extra dedicated

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X