No announcement yet.

solent wight garlic

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My solent white were great here - good size and incredible taste. And I grew them outside and inside the polytunnel.
    ~
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
    ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

I'm going to be growing solent wight myself for the first time this year, no idea how to prepare the beds as yet but i'm reading up and have learnt that a good hard frost is needed to make the bulbs separate. I hope I get one this winter to make em do that.

Comment

No problem with my solent wight this year - bought from the Garlic Farm themselves in November at a Farmers Market in Southsea - sown on New Years morning (eased the hangover) and harvested in July time......

All now nicely plaited in the Garage.......
        AKA - BigMatt over at Chillis Galore......

Comment

I won second prize at my local garden society summer show with my Solent Wights in the 'any other vegetable' class, we lost out on first to some plum tomatoes. (and beat another set of garlic entered by a chap whose been growing garlic for donkeys years.

It was really easy to grow, needed little attention and developed into big fat heads containing loads of normal sized cloves. I do grow on raised beds, as our clay/chalk subsoil is awful.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X