which sweetcorn

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
    Thanks Demeter, I haven't got butternuts I have Marina Di Chioggia, Sunshine F1, and Winter Festival F1 would I have to keep them separate I was thinking that I could use all three types on the same plot or is that a daft idea?
    Haven't grown those varieties before - although Winter Festival is one of the varieties we're growing next year... As long as you have the space for all the plants you want to grow, the only consideration in putting them together is if you were planning to save the seeds (there was a thread on here the other day about saving F1 seeds and saving squash/cucurbits generally) as they will cross-pollinate.
    Warning: I have a dangerous tendency to act like I know what I'm talking about.

Comment

Thanks Demeter, I'm not as daft as I thought then, I'm not really bothered about saving the seed as I'll probably have seeds left over anyway as I'm only wanting a few of each
      Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X