more aubergine pics

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more aubergine pics

Another couple of aub piccies, not cos I'm obsessed but cos frost was asking about growing 'em - honest!

I like them both but the thai have a milder flavour/texture

Click image for larger version

Name:	ichiban 2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	2387962 - ichiban

Click image for larger version

Name:	thai long green 2.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	2387961 - thai long green
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

They are great. Mine still only have flowers

Comment

How warm is it where they are Blossom? they like it hot!

Comment

Hi SBP, are they aubergines or peppers?

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Hi SBP, your aubs look great. So Jealous. I had given up hope as mine were flowering but no fruit setting. Have grown them before with similar results BUT have fruit setting now. I fear at this stage in the year it might be too late to get them to maturity. Don't know how long it will take. The weather has been good and the greenhouse has been regularly at 24 dregrees (struggle to keep it down to there) If they can't make it this year then they just can't be grown here. Any grapes having success with aubergine north of the border.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Alice why do you want to keep your greenhouse temps down? aubs need a min of 21c to grow. I've had the door shut on our gh (with the vent open) on and off for the past couple of weeks. I was reading last years 'diary' and the applegreen aub went on until November. Good luck.

When we lived in North Derbyshire we tried growing them in pots in the lean-to conservatory, total waste of time, they love HOT weather. We now only grow them in the greenhouse direct in the border, well except for a couple of pots/buckets!
            Last edited by smallblueplanet; 18-08-2006, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bramble View Post
              Hi SBP, are they aubergines or peppers?
              both aubs bramble. The ichiban are meant to be early fruiters (for aubs) better for short seasons apparently.

Comment

Hello SBP, I want to keep the greenhouse temp down to 25 max because I have other things in there which are not happy if it gets above that. The greenhouse has been regularly in the 21 - 25 range all summer and the Aubs are only starting to set fruit now. I think I will run out of season before I see any I can eat.But the tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers have been great.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Well the weather around here has been carp for the last 3 weeks or so. I can't even mow my sodding lawn as it hasn't managed to dry out. Hopefully this blazing hot August will hit us soon.

Comment

Originally posted by blossom View Post
                    Well the weather around here has been carp for the last 3 weeks or so. I can't even mow my sodding lawn as it hasn't managed to dry out. Hopefully this blazing hot August will hit us soon.
                    Is that worse than crap or just wet enough for fish
                    ntg
                    Never be afraid to try something new.
                    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                    ==================================================

Comment

Wet enough for fish

Comment

Alice in our 8'x6' gh we have 5 aubergines (2 in pots on the 'path'), tomatoes (4 types inc. andine cornue), peppers (a very prolific sweet cubanelle type & a california wonder), a cucumber (which is providing so much fruit that we're opening a shop!), basil and of course my melons!!! All have been fruiting fine, although the gh door is usually open when the weather is better to allow ventilation & pollination.
                        Last edited by smallblueplanet; 19-08-2006, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Hi Manda

Thanks for posting the aub pics, they put mine to shame, going to try bigger deeper pots next time, dont think heats been a prob until the last couple of weeks since we,ve gone back to Welsh weather lol,got the green house door shut more than open at the moment.

Lou

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X