It's official-I have overdone it!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squashman View Post
    That's quite a list, you'll need a fair bit of room...must be nice to own Sussex
    LOL I wish, there is a photograph of my pocket handkerchief piece of sussex in another thread, raised borders and a couple of raised beds so far, and a LOT of containers, it's certainly going to be fun.

I shall try for one or two plants of each, but I am a bit of a begger for over sowing
    Vive Le Revolution!!!
    'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
    Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
      I think in view of the danger warning I'm going to have to give that a miss - spiky cucumbers that explode at the slightest touch and small children that like to touch everything - just doesn't sound like a good combo! it sounds seriously brilliant though

Trouble is now you linked to that page I might actually have to buy some Mirella seeds... they look yummy and clearly the variety is in need of some love...
      Warning: I have a dangerous tendency to act like I know what I'm talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Demeter View Post
        I think in view of the danger warning I'm going to have to give that a miss - spiky cucumbers that explode at the slightest touch and small children that like to touch everything - just doesn't sound like a good combo! it sounds seriously brilliant though

Trouble is now you linked to that page I might actually have to buy some Mirella seeds... they look yummy and clearly the variety is in need of some love...

well my bratz are old enough to heed the warning and stay away, however the cats may not, so i am actually planning to grow these in their own mini-greenhouse all to themselves, so that i can harvest the seeds and noone will get hurt.
        Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

I often have to many seeds. Not so much a case of to many different types of seed more a case of to many in a packet for my own use, even taking into account succesional sowing. I give spare seed to other plot holders. The only problem being that they then give you some of their spare seeds meaning you still have to many to sow. A local school has a gardening club and so they usually get some of my spares. Ofcourse I do try and store some seed for next year but often forget what I've got and so buy the same again. Sometimes it's just to hard to resist those little packets of promise.
          Last edited by snuffer; 04-10-2008, 06:36 AM. Reason: correct typo
          It is the doom of man, that they forget.

Comment

OK, so bearing in mind the above list, can some kind experiaqnced veg grower point out which ones i should definately plant together, and which I should under no circumstances plant together,
            as i can move the containers around, this shouldn't be too hard to manage.

i also intend to grow the marigolds, french and english , and the nastursiums in pots so I can place them were they should do the best work bug wise.

some pointers would be much appreciated as I have to plan overwinter, where what is going.
            Last edited by BrideXIII; 05-10-2008, 01:56 PM.
            Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

if you google companion planting you will come up with various webpages that suggest good and bad planting combinations. That's probably the best starting place as then you can sit down with the list in front of you and think it all through. There's also been a few threads on here about what goes well together and what doesn't!
              Warning: I have a dangerous tendency to act like I know what I'm talking about.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X