How are everyones tatties doing?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are everyones tatties doing?

I could probably have a furkle and see if there's some ready, if only I could remember what they are lol
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02744.JPG
Views:	456
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	2500687

Mine aren’t ready yet my Charlottes have only been underground for 11 weeks. So I’ll be giving them a bit longer.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

One bag looks nearly ready here

Comment

My first earlies (Home Guard) did well, although one of them was badly attacked by slugs, sadly.
        My second earlies (Kestrel) are starting to flop over. They're still green, though, so I don't think it's because they are dying back. I think it's just that the stems have gotten too tall and collapsed under their own weight. They're probably pretty nearly ready, though. Start digging them in a week or so.
        Last edited by ameno; 24-06-2020, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Mine only went in 8 weeks ago but are in flower
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Dug up the Lady Christl potatoes last weekend, the plants were severely damaged by the strong winds and late frost we had in May, and never fully recovered. These ones were the first to die off, and looking at the state of them I was glad to get 1kg out of the 4 plants. Very tasty though!

Comment

Mine are ones i missed last year , so any thing i get is good... lol

Comment

They're looking good Burnie
                Dug up a second plant of Charlotte's this morning not huge but enough for six good sized portions.
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Mine went in the weekend before lockdown, and several have flowered. Harvested one last weekend and got 2 v small portions of baby potatoes;-)

Comment

Mine are great planted round about end Feb. beginning of March names unimportant (that's me telling you I forget) planted in a bed of seaweed and they are really nice
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

My first earlies were all planted mid March, have already dug about a dozen plants up. Most good size and perfectly formed, but I've been much more impressed with both the quantity and taste of Sherine. Accord haven't been particularly special, I won't grow them again. The Red duke of York are still rather small, so will leave them in for a few more weeks. But I'll certainly be growing Sherine again, taste wonderful.

My maincrops are growing really well, and some are already flowering. As always, their success or otherwise depends mainly on when the blight will strike. I've already had some blight warnings emailed to me....just a matter of time.

Comment

Mine are looking good
                        Sharpes Express - better yield so far this than last year (plant for plant). Interestingly, the ones in the other bed look a lot smaller, so we'll see how that changes
                        Charlottes - looking slow, but they are never the most enthusiastic
                        Desree - have flowered and are still growing
                        Pink fir - the biggest surprise, they were very slow to chit (had to throw the first batch away), slow to start growing, but have really enjoyed the weather of late and are looking very keen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
                          Dug up a second plant of Charlotte's this morning not huge but enough for six good sized portions.
                          Well I overestimated that one. Boiled, cooled then fried in coconut oil and sea salt, they were so good the pair of us polished them off in one go
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

My Charlotte earlies from B&M seed are rubbish with very little top growth. My Elfe from Lidl planted deeply are looking tremendous and have lovely decorative pink flowers. So much so that I may dig a shye and rob some as an early maincrop!
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I had a furtle last week and our Lady C's were only about 2cm across the long axis. They did get hit by the late frost so may have been stalled. I'll have another look after the weekend's deluge

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X