• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vive la difference

Click image for larger version

Name:	38C30DBF-AA12-446B-952A-67082EC3A455.jpeg
Views:	149
Size:	880.3 KB
ID:	2503452 Somewhere I posted the result from 4 plan of seed potatoes, Charlotte but I can’t find it. Anyway, on the 19th March all my seed potatoes went in with irrigation hoses used once a week for an hour if we hadn’t had 10mm of rain in 7 days. There were 4 tubers left over and they were planted with out hoses and watered from time to time. From the 4 plants the yield was 4.5 kilos. I have just dug the first 4 plants that were planted with hoses and the yield was 7.5 kilos. There would have been a few more if some pesky rodent hadn’t eaten them!!!!!
    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

I do like a trial that works, the farmers round here are always watering the tattie fields

Comment

Does go to show the benefits you get from watering potatoes.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Earlies have been disappointing this year. Wet, then dry, then sharp frost set them back, then dry again. Yields low and a lot of split tubers presumably due to variable levels of water. Still, the maincrops are looking healthy and the water availability has settled back to a good old North-Western "lots"!

Comment

We didn't water our Charlottes at all even though we had alternating heatwave and torrential rain.
          They are foury...wish we'd watered them now!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Chippy Minton View Post
            Earlies have been disappointing this year. Wet, then dry, then sharp frost set them back, then dry again. Yields low and a lot of split tubers presumably due to variable levels of water. Still, the maincrops are looking healthy and the water availability has settled back to a good old North-Western "lots"!
            Same here - earlies disappointing in general, main crop looking much healthier, although no harvest yet to prove it.
            A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X