Bitter tasting courgettes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitter tasting courgettes

I made some soup yesterday with some courgettes from the garden and when I tasted it was very bitter, so what would cause this, I have never had a problem with courgettes in the past
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Where did you get the seed from rary?

Did you see this thread?

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ll#post2502755
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Thanks Nicos I have posted on the other thread now as well i have checked my seed packets and the ones I have used came from Kings and also T&M, though to be fair it is always possible that I have lost an empty packet that I sowed from, these bitter ones are round ones which I do not recollect sowing I have now spent the last 3/4 of an hour phoning friends that I have passed on courgettes to and removed the plant from the ground, now wondering if it's too late to sow and grow some new plants here's the one I have removed Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200722_163259_hdr.jpg Views:	0 Size:	463.8 KB ID:	2504252
      Last edited by Nicos; 22-07-2020, 04:03 PM.
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

Now I need to know how to remove a double photo
        Last edited by rary; 22-07-2020, 03:59 PM.

Comment

^^^ sorted
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Rary how about trying the garden centre for a couple of ready grown plants? Sowing seed can take a couple of months before cropping?

Comment

Thanks Nicos​​​​​​, and JJ in two months we could have frost here, so I might give the GC a try if OH wants to risk going to a GC, although shielding restrictions are lifting her confidence in going out is needing to be built up, but will see what comes and thank you for the suggestion

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X