Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please be aware that it is going to be unusually windy for the time of year at times over the next few days. If you have things like garden furniture, trampolines, gazebos, wheelie bins etc it would be wise to make sure they are well secured or put away.
    A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• After a relatively warm spell with warm nights, things are about to turn a lot colder. On Tuesday low pressure will bring a cold front down from the north with the wind turning into the north afterwards. The source of the air is quite a long way north and there will be a significant drop in temperature. By the end of the week as pressure starts to rise and skies clear the nights could be cold enough for ground frost, and even air frost in vulnerable areas. It would be wise to shut greenhouse doors and attempt to protect anything possible with fleece if local forecasts indicate cold.

This is not winter type cold, but it is well below average for September.
      Last edited by Penellype; 08-09-2024, 06:43 AM.
      A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Thanks Pen, looking at this weeks we have lows of 4c at times, hopefully I'll remember to close my GH door at night.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mines never been open at night 🤣

Thanks Pen, have just checked for here and looks like we have the same temps Bren, hoping no lower.
          Last edited by Containergardener; 08-09-2024, 07:12 AM.
          Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all.

Raining here - rain before seven, fine before eleven, I hope Not too cold though, but set to cool through the week, down as far as 7C so no frosts forecast.

I'll have to find something to do indorrs for now - dusting doesn't appeal, perhaps I'll do the crossword and some reading.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Thanks for the warning Pen.
              Just checked and we’re in for 4C for two nights this weekend…best go and hunt out the fleece asap !

MH…it’s finally stopped raining here…you’re welcome to come over and give us a hand! Always lots to do…( wouldn’t have it any other way if truth be known)
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Looking at the next couple of days we have overnight lows between 2 and 4c

Comment

• Saying a chance of frost for us. Anything I need to watch/cover?
                  Northern England.

Comment

• I'd cover courgettes, cucumbers, peppers anything tender really.

Comment

• ^^^ as above but also flowers…ie geraniums, nasturtiums for me…..
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X