Poorly tomato plants.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poorly tomato plants.

After a great year last year this one isn't going so well. One by one my tomato plants appear to be developing similar issues. Very spindly, curled and twisted leaves and now a bit of purple. I'm guessing the purple is probably due to temps as it's been cold at night. 6c on one pccasion in my tunnel according to min/max thermomerer. These pictures of are one of the worst plants tho quite a few of them have similar issues to some extent. Nowhere near as bad as this one tho.

Weird thing is they are producing tomatoes..plenty of them but the lack of healthy green growth for the leaves is a bit worrying.

Any ideas?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200723_092900_compress61.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	2504368Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200723_092121_compress91.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	882.6 KB
ID:	2504367Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200723_092212_compress69.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	612.5 KB
ID:	2504366Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200722_091206_compress77.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	519.6 KB
ID:	2504365

What sort of feeding are you doing ? If they were mine I'd try spraying them with diluted seaweed fertiliser as a foliar feed.

Comment

I did think I was possibly over feeding them but I just use Wilko tomato feed weekly diluted as it says. A 9 litre can between 5 plants roughly. I did give then some seaweed in between these feeds a few weeks ago. I have lots of homemade seaweed tea and some maxigrow stuff too so will give them a spray tonight.

Comment

Both the purple and the curling are caused by temperature. The purple is always cold nights, the curling is usually either hot days, or too much of a temperature swing between night and day.

Those brown patches on the leaf look like magnesium deficiency to me. Does the Wilko tomato feed have magnesium in it? If not, you may want to replace it with the seaweed feed every other week, or else add some supplementary magnesium (in the form of Magnesium sulphate, which is Epsom salts).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X