Too late for onion sets?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too late for onion sets?

As above really. Been a bit behind with my to-do list and hasn't finshed the bed have done so this morning. But is it a bit late? I had predicted this and sowed some from seed to overwinter in modules. They all seem ok though realised perhaps sitting in a module for so long is probably not a good idea. They are senshu yellow (I think). Should I plant them out or leave them in the modules in my tunnel?

Ta
    Simon

The sets won't get a chance to set roots if the weather turns nasty, they might then rot if it's really wet, I'd go for the poly tunnel myself.

Comment

If you have well-drained soil and you live in London or the South West then you might get away with planting them outside, but heavier soil or anywhere else in the country then they are likely to rot over winter, and you're better off in modules in the polytunnel.

Comment

If you have them growing now, I would recommend planting them in the garden, get 5hem in and cover with some fleece, if you have any
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X