X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Containergardener
    replied
    Had a trip to garden centre , bought plants and compost for new flower bed area
    Came home and split what plants I could to make more.
    Found another heap of beech leaves behind shrubs, bagged them up to rot down.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Planted out lettuce, more coriander and more onions.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Pricked out and potted on my tomato seedlings.
    At the allotment I collected three buckets full of goose grass from a vacant overgrown plot to fill my compost bin with.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Originally posted by annie8 View Post
    I have grown echinacea from seed this year for the first time. Was really slow to grow over autumn/winter but hoping they will pick up a bit now. When do you think you will plant them out?
    Annie, as they are still small plants I will probably wait until they grow a bit sturdier. They are frost hardy so they should be ok to plant out by the middle of May. I dont think they will flower this year however. Let me know how you get on with yours.
    I bought a rooted one in a pot last year and it flowered right up through the autumn.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Potted on my toms, cucs and courgettes they're all back indoors on windowsills.

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    Just repotted 5 black icicle tomato plants into bigger pots

Leave a comment:

• Purple Primrose
    replied
    I wouldn't fancy scything on a slope, Snoop Puss, I reckon my ankles would be in danger if I attempted that. Scything a flat meadow was challenging enough for me.

Planted out some onion sets and the elephant garlic that's been going in and out for a while now. Also potted up some rosemary, thyme and basil plants.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Rand
    replied
    Pruned the thyme and removed the old stalks from the mint plants (would have been easier before they sprouted!). Watered the garden.

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Planted out some more Broad Beans that were in cells in the greenhouse, also cut the grass, well I say grass, the front one is mostly moss and there's quite a lot of plantain, daisies and a few other wild flowers in there, I bet it's probably only 50% grass, so I wouldn't describe them as lawns lol.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Originally posted by Purple Primrose View Post
    It must be quite a lot of work to get your water for watering your plants up from a well. Having once helped with scything a wildflower meadow, that's a lot of work too. You must sleep well at night!
    A pump does the hard work of raising water from the well. But yes, scything is quite hard work. It shouldn't be, but I'm not very good at it and yesterday and the next few days will involve taking the seed heads off grasses on a sloping bank.
    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 15-04-2021, 12:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• quanglewangle
    replied
    Fed up with in, out, in, out. Squashes are now OUT
    Click image for larger version

Name:	squashes.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	2522691
    From left: courgette, butternut, kabocha

Leave a comment:

• Purple Primrose
    replied
    It must be quite a lot of work to get your water for watering your plants up from a well. Having once helped with scything a wildflower meadow, that's a lot of work too. You must sleep well at night!

Leave a comment:

• quanglewangle
    replied
    Pruned out the main shoot on the aubergines, leaving three or four side shoots.
    Well, did this on three of the four plants but left the fourth one since it has a flower bud and will deliver an early fruit.

Rigged support strings for the tomatoes.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Weeding and scything yesterday, water up from the well.

More weeding but especially scything today. A farmer up the valley grows a cereal crop every year. Somehow or other, masses of the seeds end up here. Hence the scything. Not very good at it, but good enough to stop the grasses from setting seed.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Weeding...and more weeding and then even more weeding

I’m hoping to achieve a mention in the Guinness Book of Records for the person who has done the most weeding this year!

That’ll teach me to leave it all last autumn

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X